Friday, February 8, 2008

Opening Remarks

Ok, here it is, the stereotypical "first post" of a new blog. I don't know where it's going to go, and I'm not sure what it's going to look like, but I hope it's a fun ride. I didn't want the usual "food blog" or "book blog," but I have a feeling this is going to be a little of both, plus some more. There will be spoilers. There will be book spoliers, there will be television spoilers, there will be movie spoilers. So be forewarned, you may read something that gives away the ending of a book or movie you haven't seen, or discusses last night's Lost or Nip/Tuck episode before you've gotten a chance to watch it. Maybe I should have named the blog "There Will Be Spoilers." Maybe I'll sub-title it that, come to think of it.

On my mind today: chicken thighs. Blech. Who enjoys these things? I tried, that's all I can say. I tried to branch out from the boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I always eat, to make something else, but no. Just no. I made apricot chicken thighs. The recipe was great, but it just didn't taste good made with dark meat. It has a weird texture that I just don't like. Plus they're so fatty. Unnecessarily so. I will make the recipe again, but from now on I'll go back to using white meat. No more will I stray from my boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Also on my mind: Lost. Last night's episode was the most messed up one yet, in my opinion. I need to watch it again before I can really get into the details, but for real - why do they have to introduce all these new mysteries and new characters without resolving any of the earlier mysteries? I love the show, but I was so frustrated by last night's episode. I shouldn't have to watch a TV show twice just to get it.

Finally: I need to say something about the movie I'm currently being made to watch. It's called The King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters. It's about the competition to break the world record at Donkey Kong. That's right, a documentary. There are no words. No words. Someone used the word "chumpatized." I have never seen such nerds in my life. Never. I wish I were really drunk to be watching this, then at least it would be so very funny, but instead, I just don't know how to feel about these people. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment