Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snakes on a Plane

I love this film. It came out a few years ago, but it has caught my attention again recently because a) it's on TV this weekend, and b) because of this article. I literally laughed out loud when I saw the article, and was blown away by the fact that the article didn't even mention the movie.


It's on TV this weekend, but you know that's going to suck. Truly, I should own the DVD, preferably on Blu-Ray. Snakes on a Plane in HD? It can't possibly get much better than that. Unfortunately, I looked into purchasing the Blu-Ray, and it isn't available yet. I hope that they will make it, though. Until then I may need to just give in and purchase the regular DVD. I went to see it in the theater when it came out. I'm such a fan. I think Snakes on a Plane is a new classic. Plus, I adore Samuel L Jackson and the middle initial thing he has going on.

Trivia:

1) SLJ's line about the MFing snakes on the MFing plane wasn't even in the script, nor were most of the classic lines and scenes. They wrapped principal photography and then 6 months later went back and shot for 5 more days to put in a lot of that stuff because all of the blogs and message boards had sprouted up on the internet making fan-trailers and spoofs. So before the movie was even done, it was a cult classic and fans were helping write it. (One of the best such websites, and one that sort of sums up the whole fan-dom that came with this film is Snakes on a Blog. It's great.)

2) SLJ's agent told producers that they had to change the name, because SLJ couldn't work on a movie with such a ridiculous title. Producers were willing to change it. When SLJ found out about this he flipped out and said, "no, we're changing that title right back to Snakes on a Plane - that's the only reason I took this job, was because of the title."

I am a wealth of useless Snakes on a Plane knowledge. Very nice. If you have not seen this film, please do yourself a favor and go rent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment