Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The end of a bad era

It's Inauguration Day at last! The day has finally come to say a big "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out" to George W. Bush! I lost some faith in our country when he got elected the second time, and it has been a rough, rough eight years, but hopefully that's going to all turn around in the coming months and years. I truly, truly hope that President Obama is able to affect the change that he has preached about throughout his campaign. It probably can't get too much worse than where we are now, right?

Today is also the day that the US is inaugurating it's first black president, which is obviously a huge step in the right direction for our country. I voted for Obama, and I have confidence that, despite his age and experience level, he can get the job done right. I think that he will make me and the millions of other Americans who voted for him proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment