Friday, May 7, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 7

Holy crap, looking at me posting two days in a row!  Woot!

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain event: Which to choose, which to choose?  I don't like making decisions, so I'm going with both.  Rhianna's Umbrella reminds me of my bachelorette party and Garth Brooks' Ain't Goin Down (Til the Sun Comes Up) reminds me of karaoke in Virginia Beach on vacation a few years ago.  I told you my taste in music was pretty diverse.  There's not really a story to the Rhianna song, other than that we were all wasted and singing and dancing to it in the limo between bars during my kick-ass bachelorette party.  Every time I hear the song now, that night is all I can think of.  Ella-ella-ella.  In Virginia Beach, while on vacation with J, Jocelyn, and some other dude, Jocelyn and I wanted to sing Ain't Goin Down (the crowd was pretty country, and we had just been celebrating the fact that we both know all the words on the drive down a few days before).  The karaoke DJ didn't have it, but agreed to just play the regular CD and let us sing it without words on the screen if we got it from the car.  So we did.  The crowd went wild.  It was awesome.  In my opinion, only Informer, by the illustrious white rapper Snow, is more impressive in the karaoke forum, especially without the lyrics on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment