Friday, May 14, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Days 13 & 14

These two are sort of similar to me, but I tried to separate them as much as I could.

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure: I think of this as a song that no one should really love, but I do anyway.  I've often said that I'll never apologize for or defend my taste in music, and I don't think anyone should, but this is a BAD song.  Rich Girl, by Gwen Stefani is a horrible, horrible satire? parody? take on the Fiddler on the Roof song If I Were a Rich Man, which I completely love.  Fiddler is one of my favorite classic musicals, and Gwen Stefani did a number on that song.  Despite all of this, though - I love it and am incapable of shutting it off whenever it comes on.


Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love:  Again, I don't apologize; I like what I like, and my tastes are really broad, so I'm not sure anything I like would really come as a surprise to anyone.  I love that Taylor Swift song You Belong With Me.  I really like Taylor Swift.  Not all of her music, necessarily, but she seems like a pretty down-to-earth kind of girl, and she can sing, and she writes her own stuff.  Sure her songs are sort of teenage bubblegum kind of songs, but she's 17 or something!  It's sort of refreshing to me that she's writing her own songs, and she's writing about what she knows.  Keep it up, kid.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Taylor Swift song as well! I haven't heard the Gwen Stephani song in ages! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete