Sunday, May 30, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Days 28, 29 & 30 - The End.

This is the end!  I was bad about it the last couple of days, but at least I'm finishing on day 30!  I think I'm going to create a page up at the top for this challenge, and put all my answers in one place.  I'm not doing that today, though.  Okay, on to the last three songs, and then some more info.

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty:  I'm not even sure what to do with this.  Why would a song make you feel guilty?  Guilty like how?  All that comes to mind when I read this question is that song Guilty, by Gravity Kills, but honestly, it's not that it makes me feel guilty about anything, it's just the name of the song.  I give up.


Day 29 - A song from your childhood:  Ohhh!  In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry totally reminds me of doing yard work or going out with my dad when I was a kid.  I feel like every single time I got in his truck to go to the hardware store (which was A LOT), that song would be on the oldies station on the radio.  I still love the song, to this day.

Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year:  At this time last year, I think I had just bought my tickets  to see Jason Mraz at Mohegan, and I was pretty sufficiently all-consumed with Mr. A-Z.  If It Kills Me, Butterfly, and You and I Both were all strong contenders for the position of favorite, but You and I Both helped inspire me to get the end of my first novel written, so I think I have to go with that one.  Also on heavy rotation in my car, though, was The Nate Mott Band, and here's a link back to my post about them, which contains links to their website and MySpace page.  These guys are great - they're local, my former intern used to play bass for them, but I'm not even plugging them because of that - they're just a really great band, and I want to introduce everyone I can to them.  Check them out.

Wow - the 30 Day Music Challenge is over!  And I think it worked to get me blogging a little more, even if my blog has been completely music-centered for the last month.  Whatever.  I have a whole bunch of other post ideas saved, it's just a matter of finding the time to get them written.  Stay tuned.

I started working on my "about" page this weekend.  It's at the top of the blog, under the heading "Who's Susie."  It's going to be an ever-growing collection of quick ones about me.  A little insight into my head, I guess.  So that's a step in the right direction, too.

So this weekend is memorial Day weekend, and I've been taking full advantage of the beautiful weather and extra free time.  Friday afternoon was a few hours of outside 2-on-2 volleyball, and that was a great way to kick off my weekend, as exhausting as it was.  Dinner was grilled chicken with homemade marinade and salad dressing, made from the herbs I'm growing around the deck - delicious!  Saturday morning, I took Murphster for a looooong walk on the Blackstone River Bikeway, which is beautiful, then did a little yard work and went to a 30th birthday party last night.  Today we took Murphster to my parents' house for a little barbeque, including a venture to Gaspee Arts & Crafts.  Tomorrow will hopefully be some more gardening, and some around the house chores.  I'm looking forward to a relaxing, around the house kind of day.

Happy Memooooooooorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on finishing...there is actually an award to post when you are done. I will give you the post tomorrow when I am on my desktop...My Laptop is slow...

    ReplyDelete