Sunday, May 9, 2010

30 Day Music Challenge - Days 8 & 9

I swear I started to write the day 8 post yesterday, but I got sidetracked and never finished it.  I'm trying.
Happy Mothers' Day!

Day 08 - A song that you know all the words to:  Seriously?  I think I've already covered the fact that I've been known to look up lyrics whenever I decide I love a song, so it probably goes without saying that I know all the words to most every song I listen to.  This morning I woke up with Don't Stand So Close to Me by The Police stuck in my head, though, so that's my answer.  What a great song.  It's definitely one of my favorite Police songs, and I could listen to Sting sing all day long.


Day 09 - A song that you can dance to:  Again, there are SO MANY!  I depends on the kind of dancing, so I'm picking two.  The first is Ain't That a Kick in the Head, by Dean Martin.  J and I danced to this at our wedding - we danced the foxtrot and a little bit of swing, and it was wicked fun.  The second is Missing My Baby by G. Love.  It has just the right mix of funk and blues and a little rappy-dance flavor thrown in.  Definitely one of my favorite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment